Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grave Matters


Grim greetings ghouls and boils! As you might know from reading my Facebook updates I've always got so much to talk about and it seems that I can never quite find the time to really post what's been brewing in my rotten head in bloggerville. After much zomBeriffic debating and an accidental decapitation, (totally my bad) I decided to take the advice of B-Sol of the Vault of Horror. I’ve broken my ramblings down into little snippets of brain bursts that spill forth from my extraordinarily evil mind. So without further adieu, I present to you my newest interweb folly I’d like to call… Grave Matters. Enjoy!

SUCKTASTIC.
·       I have been without cable television for just about eleven years now and I recently started watching a few HBO shows due to B-Sol turning me on to Game of Thrones and more recently, TrueBlood. While I thoroughly enjoyed the Game of Thrones, I can honestly say that even though I only watched one episode this past week of TrueBlood, if I didn’t see it again I certainly wouldn’t lose sleep over it. I guess I'm old fashioned in a sense where while I do enjoy the eye candy running around, I just can't handle all this sugar coated unbelievable supernatural crap. It feels like they just threw it all in there for the hell of it. I don't even know what it was attempting to do besides make it bad, and I don't mean bad in a good way. My first time seeing this I saw fairies, shape-shifters, witches, disco drag queens and vampires. All they needed were werewolves, which  I was later told by Mr. Solomon that indeed *sigh* they did have them, they just somehow didn’t make it into the season premier. Perhaps they thought their appearance might be too much?Really?!  You lost me Sookie. Sorry.
 
·       This past weekend the Terror Team stumbled upon Derby Day here in Connecticut, which just so happens to be the home of the fairly well known haunted Sterling Opera House. TAPS Paranormal Investigation Team and the Above the Realm Paranormal Investigation Team (who is the house PIT of this magnificently haunted place) have all investigated it and let me tell you, this was one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had in a place that was purported to be haunted. We ended up getting our very own personal tour the following night, complete with perplexing photos, inexplicable sounds, first hand visual oddities and B-Sol with his very own encounter! Be sure to check it out over at the Vault of Horror's site as he posts this in a few days as we continue to weed through and upload all the data we collected.

You know you wanna taste of Troll II. Come on, have some.
·        TheAvon Theater in Stamford, Connecticut has some killer lineups this summer jam packed with some superb classics such as Alligator, It Came from Outer Space, Rabid and Troll II. Be sure to come and see us for Alligator on July 7th at 9 pm, win some Avon Theater passes and some other really swanky swag from some of the coolest online horror folks we know! This time I promise not even the end of the world will keep me from being there. Pinky swears!

·       The Village Invasion II-Crawl of the Dead is in full swing! Make sure to check in periodically here in the Crypt for more info, how to become a sponsor and all the creeptastic arrangements and events I’m working on to make this year bigger, better and BLOODIER! October 22, 2011 at 8 pm should be written down on your calendars. It’s the zomBipocalype after all!

·       Are you on Tumblr? If so, (shameless self promotion coming right up) go and follow Cruellasconcoctions! It's chocked full of unique and distinct cocktails either from the past or made with some pretty obscure liquors. Go check it out, but be warned...it's for those with discriminating palates.


·       I’d like to direct your attention to Post MortemFX, a new latex appliance and special effects design team that is going to slay the market with quality latex appliances and haunted house props. Owned and operated by JD Ellis and Brie Conn, these two evil forces proudly hand sculpt, pour, and paint every single appliance in house. They even have a spectacular collection of wounds a human might sustain from a zombie like myself. If you’re ever in their neck of the cemetery, Post Mortem FX appliances are currently being sold at Century Costumes in Orlando, Florida or you can order from them online. Their site is new so keep checking for updates as they post freshly concocted appliances regularly. If you do order from them, tell them the Captain sent ya!

3 comments:

William & Pamela Deen said...

Ditto on Game of Thrones. You should get your cable back. the best shows are on the premium channel (Dexter, Camelot, Game and many others).

JD said...

We at www.postmotermfx.com would like to thank the lovely Captain for her wonderful write-up....We shall kill you last....again.

Spooky Sean said...

I'm with you on True Blood, honey. I like watching the t and a as much as the next man, but I hate lame vampires.